Please refer to the following picture:
►Do Senville units require any maintenance?
Senville units require minimal maintenance. Bellow you will find two recommended tasks:
1. The air filters located on the indoor unit should be cleaned bi-weekly depending on usage. The air filter can be accessed easily and use damp cloth to clean. This will allow efficient air passage through the unit during all seasons. No cleaning products are required.
2. When the unit is not operational, use the supplied Senville covers on the outdoor unit. This will prevent any outdoor surroundings such as dust from entering the outdoor unit.
►Where can I find the wiring schematic for my Senville Mini Split unit?
The power cord of connect should be selected according to the following specifications sheet.
The cable size and the current of the fuse or switch are determined by the maximum current indicated on the nameplate which located on the side panel of the unit. Please refer to the nameplate before selecting the cable, fuse and switch.
►What is the maximum length between the indoor and outdoor unit?
Caution: Capacity test is based on standard length and maximum allowance length is based on system reliability. Always make sure you use a certified technician!
►I have added additional Copper tubing; how much more refrigerant (R410A) is needed?
1). Connect the charge hose to the charging cylinder, open the 2-way valve and the 3-way valve.
Connect the charge hose which you disconnected from the vacuum pump to the valve at the bottom of the cylinder. If the refrigerant is R410A, make the cylinder bottom up to ensure the liquid charge.
2). Purge the air from the charge hose.
Open the valve at the bottom of the cylinder and press the check valve on the charge set to purge the air (be careful of the liquid refrigerant).
3). Put the charging cylinder onto the electronic scale and record the weight.
4). Operate the air conditioner at the cooling mode.
5). Open the valves (Low side) on the charge set and charge the system with liquid refrigerant.
6). When the electronic scale displays the proper weight (refer to the table), disconnect the charge hose from the 3-way valve’s service port immediately and turn off the air conditioner before disconnecting the hose.
7). Mount the valve stem caps and the service port
Use torque wrench to tighten the service port cap to a torque of 18N.m. Be sure to check for gas leakage.
The pipe length and refrigerant amount:
►What is the Inverter Technology?
When working or enjoying time at home, you’ll find yourself in constant discomfort when your heating or air conditioning constantly vacillates throughout the day. The Inverter Technology included in all Senville Ductless Air Conditioners eradicates this menacing issue permanently.
Inverter compressors operate at adaptable speeds instead of constant ones. Through this operative manner, those who are at work or home can enjoy a comfortable rate of temperature all year long. Elimination of the on/off cycle most air conditioners typically implement drastically reduces electrical consumption by up to 40%, which was a nice addition to the Senville line this year. Inverter air conditioners tend have longer life spans in general due to their speed control capabilities.
►What is are SEER Ratings?
Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is a unit of measurement for cooling and heating output. The higher the SEER number, the more efficient the system is at converting electricity into cooling or heating power.
►What is a BTU?
British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a unit of measurement that determines how much cold/hot air comes out of each unit. The more air comes out, the more space it needs for the air to circulate. If the unit is oversized it may cause problems such as sensors reading false temperatures. Refer to the table below for more information:
►Where can I find a list of Senville Error codes?
Outdoor unit error code explanation:
Indoor unit error code explanation;
►What are the advantages of Mini-Split units?
1. Compact & Sleek – Unlike portable air conditioners or wall units, SENVILLE MINI SPLIT units will fit perfectly within the style of your home and comfort of your living. Plus, there are different color panels for you to choose from. There will be no large holes through the window or the wall to jeopardize your home safety and no insulation lost.
2. Ease of Installation – There will be no large holes through the window or wall and no wires or power plugs all over the place. Large or heavy machinery is not required. Between the indoor and the outdoor unit; not more than a 3-inch hole is needed to run the wiring and the refrigerant copper tubes.
3. Maneuverability & Small Size – SENVILLE Mini Split units are designed to fit even into the smallest of all rooms. It’s as simple as clipping the indoor unit on the wall. With the perfect size it also comes with perfect efficiency for all your temperature needs.
4. Minimal Floor Space Requirement – Unlike conventional air conditioners/heat pumps, SENVILLE MINI SPLIT units do not require floor space. The indoor unit can be installed on any wall in your home. Compact, sleek, stylish!
5. Flexible Interior Design Options – SENVILLE units offer customers a variety of colors and styles. Depending on your home, we have several colors of your choice to meet the perfection & comfort of your home.
6. NO DUCTWORK = ELMINATION OF ENERGY LOSS – With our SENVILLE Mini Split units, you won’t ever have to worry about being hot OR cold all the time. Ducting is not required in your home and this will most definite eliminate energy loss.
7. NO SECURITY ISSUES (Compared to Portable & Window Units) – SENVILLE Mini Split units do not require the large openings for installation. This eliminates the possibility of theft in your home!
8. LOW NOISE LEVELS – SENVILLE air conditioners are extremely quiet thanks to the inverter technology inside each SENVILLE unit. The indoor unit can hardly be heard when running!
►What are ‘Ductless Split Air Conditioners/Heat Pumps’?
Ductless Split Air Conditioners (also known as ‘mini splits’) are mainly used in residential or commercial buildings without built in ducting system. Mini Split is often referred to as SPLIT CONFIGURATION. The compressor and evaporator are in separate external packages and the two units connect via refrigerant pipes.
Between the indoor and outdoor units of the mini split air conditioners, there is a set of electrical wires & two insulated copper tubes for the R410-a refrigerant gases. They run through between the indoor and outdoor units. This eliminates the need for ductwork instead all you need is a 3- inch hole in the wall to run your wires and tubes through.
All of our Senville units are pre-charged with the highly efficient, environment friendly R410-a refrigerant. The Senville Mini Split Air Conditioners are powered from the outdoor unit. The indoor air handler is mounted on the wall high up near the ceiling. The temperature is controlled by means of a remote controller and you can set the unit to cool, heat or dehumidify at a perfectly precise temperature.